Why choose a UK education
UK education is all about giving you inspiration to develop your knowledge and skills, freedom to be creative, and support to help you achieve your best.
UK schools, colleges, universities and English language centers offer you a world-class education – the chance to follow your passion for learning and gain qualifications that are respected by employers and academics worldwide.
On a UK course you will benefit from excellent teaching and facilities. In order to accept students, UK education centers must meet strict quality standards set by the UK government and education bodies.
With such a strong reputation for research and education, UK universities and colleges attract some of the world’s leading academics and industry professionals. You will be encouraged to express your own ideas and think for yourself.
This attention to quality is reflected in the UK’s excellent results:
- Four of the top six universities in the world are in the UK (World Rankings, QS).
- The UK is a world-leading research nation (International Comparative Performance of the UK Research Base, BIS). 54% of the research conducted by UK universities and colleges is classed as either 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' (Research Assessment Exercise).
- At their most recent inspection, 97% of further education colleges were judged satisfactory or better, for their overall effectiveness (Association of Colleges).
- In the recent BIS Tracking International Graduate Outcomes survey, over 88% of international higher education graduates said they were satisfied with their UK learning experience.
- Likewise, in the HE Academy Postgraduate Taught Experience survey of UK postgraduate students, 93% rated the quality of teaching positively.
For English language students, you’ll find the UK has long been at the forefront of language teaching, and pioneered many of the techniques now used around the world. The emphasis is on learning the language through fun and participation. Instead of just listening to your teacher, your classes will involve games, problem-solving and discussions. You might also listen to songs, watch television or read magazines to practice your comprehension skills… in fact, it might not feel like work at all!
The UK’s boarding schools also offer excellent teaching standards, facilities and support. At UK independent schools (most boarding schools are independent), there are on average just 9.4 pupils to every one teacher, so teachers have more time to give you individual support. This is reflected in the results: 91% of students from UK independent schools go on to higher education